7 Ways to Impress Home Buyers With Your Home Staging
Monday, October 30, 2023
If you are planning to sell your home, you might be wondering how to make it stand out from the competition and attract more buyers. One of the most effective ways to do that is by staging your home, which means preparing and decorating it in a way that showcases its best features and appeals to the widest range of buyers.
Home staging can help you sell your home faster and for a higher price, as well as create a positive impression on potential buyers. According to a survey by the National Association of Realtors, 83% of buyer's agents said that staging a home made it easier for buyers to visualize the property as their future home.
But how do you stage your home effectively?
Here are seven ways to impress home buyers with your home staging:
Start with curb appeal:
The first thing buyers will see when they visit your home is the exterior, so you want to make sure it looks inviting and well-maintained. Some of the things you can do to improve your curb appeal are:
• Choose a vibrant paint color for the front door and/or shutters, but make sure it blends in nicely with the colors used throughout the house.
• Change out the welcome mat, mailbox, lighting, and old house numbers.
• Replace any worn mulch and tidy the edging surrounding flowerbeds.
• Trim the trees and bushes, mow the lawn, and remove any weeds or debris.
• Stage the front porch or deck with furniture and potted plants.
• Ensure that fireplaces are functional.
Declutter and depersonalize:
One of the most important steps in staging your home is to remove any excess or personal items that might distract or deter buyers. For example, if you are listing Clyde Hill WA home for sale, you want to create a clean, spacious, and neutral environment that allows buyers to imagine themselves living in your home. Some of the things you can do to declutter and depersonalize are:
• Pack away any family photos, memorabilia, collections, religious items, or political signs.
• Clear off any clutter from countertops, shelves, tables, closets, and cabinets.
• Donate, sell, or store any furniture or accessories that are outdated, worn, or don't fit the style of your home.
• Remove any evidence of pets, such as food bowls, toys, litter boxes, or odors.
Update the kitchen:
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home when it comes to selling, as it can make or break a buyer's decision. You want to make sure your kitchen looks modern, functional, and appealing. Some of the things you can do to update your kitchen are:
• Clean the refrigerator inside and out, and remove any magnets or notes from the door.
• Replace any outdated or broken appliances, faucets, hardware, or lighting fixtures.
• Paint the cabinets a fresh color or refinish them if they are in good condition.
• Add some new accessories, such as a fruit bowl, a cookbook stand, or a coffee maker.
Lighting can have a huge impact on how your home looks and feels to buyers. You want to make sure your home is bright, warm, and inviting. Some of the things you can do to improve lighting are:
• Open curtains and blinds to allow sunlight to enter.
• Replace any burned-out bulbs or dim lights with brighter ones.
• Update any outdated or mismatched lighting fixtures with modern ones that match the style of your home.
• Add some lamps or candles to create a cozy atmosphere.
Add some office space:
With more people working from home these days, having a dedicated office space in your home can be a big selling point for buyers. You want to show them that your home can accommodate their work needs and preferences. Some of the things you can do to add some office space are:
• Convert an unused bedroom, basement, or attic into an office space.
• Set up a desk, chair, lamp, computer, and other essentials in a corner of a room or a closet.
• Use neutral colors and minimal decor to create a professional and distraction-free environment.
• Add some plants or artwork to add some personality and interest.
Emphasize storage space
Storage space is another feature that buyers look for in a home, as they want to have enough room for their belongings and avoid clutter. You want to show them that your home has ample and organized storage space. Some of the things you can do to emphasize storage space are:
• Clean out and organize your closets, cabinets, drawers, pantry, garage, and basement.
• Use baskets, bins, shelves, hooks, and labels to store and sort items neatly.
• Leave some space in each storage area to show that there is room for more.
• Remove any items that don't belong in a certain storage area, such as clothes in the kitchen or tools in the bedroom.
Give bathrooms a spa appeal
For instance, you are selling houses for sale in Kirkland WA. Bathrooms are another important room in your home when it comes to selling, as they can influence a buyer's perception of the overall cleanliness and comfort of your home. You want to make sure your bathrooms look fresh, hygienic, and relaxing. Some of the things you can do to give bathrooms a spa appeal are:
• Fix any leaks, cracks, stains, or mold issues.
• Replace any outdated or damaged fixtures, hardware, or tiles.
• Paint the walls a light and soothing color.
• Add some new towels, rugs, curtains, and accessories in coordinating colors.
By following these tips, you can make your home look more attractive, spacious, and comfortable and increase your chances of selling it faster and for a higher price. Home staging is not only a smart investment but also a creative and fun process that can showcase your home's potential and personality. We hope this article has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments about home staging, please feel free to contact us. We would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading!